A group of local residents has come together to offer support to anyone on the island who might need it. We can help by:
- picking up shopping
- posting mail
- getting urgent supplies
- being someone to talk to on the phone
Please don’t hesitate to ask if you need help now or in the future. The coordinators for each street are:
- Bridge Street and Doyley Road: Piper Griffin
- North Street: Jen Meakin
- East, West and Swan Streets: Sian Allen
- South Street: Simone Sturniolo
Contact Sian Allen in the first instance to ask for or offer help: 48 West Street, 07549 892914, email@example.com
Beware of fraud
There have been media reports of fraudsters coming door-to-door in the UK.
- Be careful about accepting support from people you don’t know, especially if they are outside the local community.
- Don’t hand over cash or debit cards without being certain that you know the identity and address of the person you are dealing with.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for proof of ID, such as driving licence.